Global Citizen Award
11 November 2016, The Silver Sturgeon River Yacht, Savoy Hotel Pier, London
Once a year, Henley & Partners honors an inspirational global citizen who has made extraordinary achievements that improve our global community. The annual laureate is chosen by the Award Committee, an independent body of distinguished individuals, through a majority decision. The Committee is comprised of the following members:
- Her Royal Highness Princess Firyal of Jordan
- Her Excellency Marie Louise Coleiro Preca, President of the Republic of Malta
- Senator Joëlle Garriaud-Maylam, Secretary of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defense and Armed Forces, Senate of France, Paris
- Professor Dr. Khalid Koser OBE, Executive Director of GCERF and Vice-Chairman of the Advisory Council on Migration, World Economic Forum, Geneva
- Dr. Marek Urban, Councillor of The Henley & Partners Foundation, Krakow
- Namira Salim, Artist, Polar Explorer and Virgin Galactic Founder Astronaut, Monaco
- Leigh Foster, Chief of Events, Campaigns and Goodwill Ambassadors, UNHCR, Geneva
The laureate will be presented with this year’s Award on 11 November 2016, at the Henley & Partners – UNHCR Gala Dinner, in the presence of several of the Award Committee members.
The Global Citizen Award consists of a specially made commemorative medal, a Certificate and a
USD 50,000 monetary prize, of which one half is donated to UNHCR to support the global refugee cause and the other half is donated to another international humanitarian cause of the laureate’s choice.
Antonio Nocera’s artwork graces the Global Citizen Award commemorative medal. Nocera, master of sculpture, is an Italian internationally renowned artist with a strong focus on migration.