Malta: The World’s 7th Most Powerful Passport
23 October 2015
Malta, the EU country with the world’s most successful citizenship-by-investment program which has raised over EUR 1 billion in capital since its launch in early 2015, further improved its position and now has the 7th best passport in the world. Gaining citizenship through the Malta Individual Investor Programme now provides visa-free access to 167 countries out of a possible 218, along with many other benefits:
- The right to live, work and study in any of the 28 EU countries and Switzerland
- World’s strictest due diligence standards and vetting of applicants, thus ensuring only highly respectable applicants will be admitted
- Citizenship of a well-respected EU country
- Reasonable contribution and efficient application process
- Malta is an attractive place to live or to own a second home and is strategically located with excellent air links
Malta is also hosting the upcoming meeting of the Commonwealth Heads of Government (CHOGM), which will take place in the capital Valletta this November. This significant event will be attended by Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II.
Malta is a special place for both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, who lived there between 1949 and 1951 when they were newlyweds. Her Majesty’s last visit to the island was in 2007, when she and her husband celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.
The theme of this year's CHOGM is 'The Commonwealth - Adding Global Value' and it focuses on how the Commonwealth’s strengths can be utilised to influence and effect change on important global issues, such as human rights, gender equality, climate finance, building resilience in small states and the empowerment of youth.
The meeting will also reflect upon how the Commonwealth can make a positive difference to the lives of its citizens.