Residence-by-Investment in Latvia
There are several qualifying options to obtain a residence permit through the Latvia Residence-by-Investment Program. Applicants may choose from one of the following options:
- The purchase of real estate of EUR 250,000, plus a one-time payment of 5% of the purchase price to the state budget
- The investment of EUR 280,000 in the subordinated capital of a Latvian bank for a period of five years, plus a one-time payment of EUR 25,000 to the state budget
- The investment of EUR 50,000 in the equity capital of a Latvian company (provided that the company annually pays at least EUR 40,000 in taxes), plus a one-time payment of EUR 10,000 to the state budget
- The purchase of special-purpose interest-free bonds at a nominal value of EUR 250,000, plus a one-time payment of EUR 38,000 to the state budget
The processing of an application takes approximately 30–90 days. Immediate family members may apply for the residence permit together with the main applicant. The residence permit is issued for five years with the requirement for annual renewal. There is no minimum stay requirement in Latvia in order to renew the residence permit.
- Visa-free access to Europe’s Schengen Area
- No minimum stay required to be eligible for the residence permit renewal
- Fast-track application procedure
- Russian widely spoken
- Excellent transport links with Russia and other EU member states
For more information on how to obtain a residence permit in Latvia, please contact us.