The citizenship-by-investment program in Grenada was launched in August 2013 when the Grenadian Parliament passed the Citizenship by Investment Act, 2013. Henley & Partners was formally mandated in 2016 by the Government of Grenada to revitalize and enhance, and relaunch the program globally.
Grenada passport holders may currently travel visa-free to 143 destinations including the UK and Schengen area, China, Brazil and other key business and lifestyle destinations. Furthermore, it is the only citizenship-by-investment program which holds an E-2 Investor Visa treaty with the US, allowing Grenadian nationals the opportunity to enter and work in the US, and it is the only investment migration program in the Caribbean that offers successful applicants visa-free access to China.
Key Advantages of Grenada Citizenship
- Visa-free access to 143 countries including the Schengen area, the UK, Singapore, China, and Hong Kong
- The only Caribbean citizenship-by-investment country which has visa-free access to China
- The only Caribbean country with a citizenship-by-investment program which holds an E-2 Investor
Visa Treaty with the US, allowing citizens to be eligible to apply for a non-immigrant visa
- Citizenship may be passed down to future generations without restriction
- Lower capital requirement than the citizenship programs in St. Kitts and Nevis, and Antigua and Barbuda
- Fast and efficient application process of approximately three months from submission with no visit required
Route to Grenada Citizenship
Clients interested in acquiring Grenadian citizenship have two investment options:
- National Transformation Fund (NTF) donation option: A minimum non-refundable contribution to the NTF of USD 150,000
- Real estate option: To acquire property from a government real estate project for a minimum of USD 350,000. The real estate must be held for a minimum of three years
Additionally, the following investment requirements and other obligations must be met:
- Under the real estate option, there is an additional flat government fee of USD 50,000 for the main applicant and up to three dependents
- For both the NTF and real estate option, an additional USD 25,000 is required for each dependent after the third
- Due diligence fees are USD 5,000 per applicant aged 17 and over
- Government processing fees are USD 500 for each person aged 16 and under, and USD 1,500 for the main applicant and dependents aged 16 and above
- Government application fees and passport fees totaling USD 1,750 per applicant
Should you have any questions or if you would like a detailed break-down of the exact costs for your family, kindly contact us and we will be delighted to help.