Canadian Immigrant Investor Programs
The immigrant investor programs were created by the Canadian government to attract wealthy businesspeople and their capital to Canada. Investors and their immediate family can gain permanent residence in Canada by satisfying the following five government selection criteria:
1. You must demonstrate relevant business experience, as defined under the regulations. In essence, you must have previously managed or operated a qualified business for at least two out of five years preceding your application.
2. You and your spouse must have legally obtained a personal net worth of a minimum of CAD 2 million.
3. Your entire family must complete and pass Canada's medical and security evaluations.
4. You must invest CAD 1.2 million for a period of five years at no interest (0%) under one of the two available immigrant investor programs. The investment is government-guaranteed and will be repaid in full at the end of the investment period.
5. You will also be assessed on age, language, education, experience, and time spent in Quebec on a points-based system.
There are several ways to become a permanent resident in Canada. The most popular economic programs are:
- The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
- The Express Entry Program (federal)
- The Provincial Nominee Programs
The selection procedure is similar under both the federal and Quebec programs, with the following distinction: applicants who want to establish themselves economically in the province of Quebec have to obtain a certificate of selection of Quebec (CSQ) before applying for permanent residence to the Government of Canada. Applicants and their dependents will be assessed on health and security grounds. Holders of a CSQ are required to reside in the province of Quebec.
Henley & Partners offers a comprehensive service designed to assist you and your family in immigrating to Canada under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program. Our team brings together experts in the field of immigration law, tax, and financial and banking services to make your transition to Canada as smooth as possible.
For more information on our comprehensive service under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program, please contact Henley & Partners Canada and we will be delighted to assist you.