Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award
Once a year, Henley & Partners honors an inspirational global citizen who has made an extraordinary contribution towards improving the global community. Nominations for the 2016 Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award have now closed and the laureate will be announced at a Gala Dinner at the 10th annual Global Residence and Citizenship Conference on 11 November in London.
The Global Citizen Award consists of a specially made commemorative medal, an Award Certificate signed by the President of the Award Committee and USD 50,000 monetary prize, of which USD 25,000 is donated to UNHCR to support the global refugee cause.
The annual laureate of the Global Citizen Award is chosen by the Award Committee, an independent body of distinguished individuals, through a majority decision. The Award Committee is comprised of the following members:
- Her Royal Highness Princess Firyal of Jordan
- Her Excellency Marie Louise Coleiro Preca, President of the Republic of Malta
- Senator Joëlle Garriaud-Maylam, Secretary of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defense and Armed Forces, Senate of France
- Professor Dr. Khalid Koser OBE, Executive Director of GCERF and Vice-Chairman of the Advisory Council on Migration, World Economic Forum, Geneva
- Doctor Marek Urban CSsR, Councillor of the Henley & Partners Foundation, Krakow
- Namira Salim, Artist, Polar Explorer and Virgin Galactic Founder Astronaut, Monaco
- Leigh Foster, Chief of Events, Campaigns and Goodwill Ambassadors, UNHCR, Geneva
To read more about last year's recipient of the Global Citizen Award, please click here.